We’ve been wanting to make a DIY necklace holder for ages! It’s a beautiful way to display your necklaces and keep them from getting tangled. We put this project together with a piece of driftwood and some gorgeous knobs. It doesn’t get easier than this! Read on for the tutorial.
Our friends at abodent sponsored this post. They make the most stunning knobs! These knobs would work well for so many upcycle projects. We thought they would look really beautiful as a DIY necklace holder. It’s amazing how they dress up this piece of reclaimed wood!
This project is super easy to make. It’s a great upcycle project for beginners, or really anyone who wants a gorgeous DIY necklace holder. Here’s what you need:
DIY Necklace Holder Materials
- Piece of reclaimed wood or driftwood (we found ours on a beach walk!)
- 5 knobs
- Measuring tape
- Sawtooth picture hanger (for the back of the DIY necklace holder)
How to Make a DIY Necklace Holder
1. Pick your knobs. This project would work well with any knobs. You could reuse some that you have lying around, or get some wicked cool ones from abodent.
2. Find a piece of reclaimed wood. We used a piece of driftwood, but any piece of reclaimed wood would work well. You could even get funky and use something like a window shutter!
3. Measure the piece of wood you are using and space your knobs out accordingly. Our wood was 14.5 inches across, so we started our first knob 1 inch in and had 3 inches in between each one.
4. Drill holes for your knobs and screw them in.
5. Add a picture hook to the back of your DIY necklace holder. A sawtooth picture hanger works really well for this project. Put a nail on the wall and place your finished necklace holder on top of it.
That’s it! It’s actually so simple. Add your favourite necklaces and step back to admire your handiwork. Do you love the necklaces we’re hanging? These are the RUBY upcycled coin necklaces. Love the style? See the full Cape Town Collection.
We really love these funky knobs from abodent.
These are the ones we used:
Queen bee Cupboard Knob
Gold Leaf Cupboard Knob
Gatekeeper’s Cupboard Knob
Vintage Star Crystal Cupboard Knob
29 Thoughts on DIY Necklace Holder
Really lovely idea!
Very different and great variety of knobs! I like any of the non traditional animal knobs. They add color and whimsy in an unexpected way. Very cool.
It’s very hard to choose as there’s so many nice ones but I really like the helping hand and also the many animal ones 🙂
They are all so lovely but especially like the rhino, hippo and elephant.
Wow! I love the knobs and the earthy feel of it.
Looks amazing, such a clever use of the knobs and old wood.
My favourite knob is you! oops.. I mean, I love the bee/bug one!!
What a fantastic idea – I love that it transforms the necklaces into moveable art. Oh the knobs – what an amazing selection, I loved the cracked heart, the sea urchin,,,,are just the top two…they’re all gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!
Beautiful! I love the bee and the leaf!
So pretty! The knobs on abodent are all so pretty but I like the painted flower ones the best, such as ‘flower patch’ and ’embellished orb’. The nature ones are a close second though! 😀
Love, love, love all of the beautiful nature themed knobs!
Elegant yet simple. Love the bee knob!!
I LOVE the Bird Garden hooks. It’s beautiful and reminds me of my mother who’s passed.
I love the queen bee
Actually can’t decide between the bees, acorns and pink squirrels. Too many choices!
I love the Bohemians Ball Multi Coloured Knob!
I love the black and silver reclaimed cupboard knob! But also the vintage porcelain painted knobs and most of the animals 😂
I love the adorable animals. They are all gorgeous and could be used in many ways
I love any of the crystal knobs.
Faves definitely rabbit and squirrel ❤️❤️
I love the insect one. Love love love. I have a very tatty sodeboard the due an upcycle so would be perfect
Love that little gold leaf ❤️
We love the Gold leaves & the swooping swallows 🙂
Gorgeous!! I am in love with the leaf knobs!
Plant based knobs are so adorable! They would look amazing in a minimalist type room.
Vintage Star Crystal knob is my favourite!
Leaf knob all the way.
I love the narrowboat cupboard knobs on your site with the little flowers on they are so lovely!
All of the animals!