Making a planter from a tire is simple and easy to do. The best part is that tires can often be found for free! Just ask around at local tire shops, service stations and garages.
- Choose your tire carefully. You’re looking for a tire that will invert easily so test out the ‘squishy’ factor by pushing in the side of the tire (where the tire would connect with the road). If it squishes nicely then it’s good to go.
- Chalk your pattern on the tire
- Cut the tire.
- Push the tire inside out.
- Use the offcut as a pedestal or additional garden decor
- Paint your tire (optional)
Here’s a handy video showing how it’s done:
Source: Studio g blog