What are you up to this weekend? Doing anything that would require a one shoulder shirt? If you’ve got nothing to wear and want a little diy inspiration then this is it. No sewing required! It is the weekend after all.
To make this no sew, one shoulder shirt grab an old t-shirt. Extra large mens tees work great. So if you’ve got a shirt from a brand promotion, convention or family reunion that you want to upcycle get excited, it will work fabulously.
- Make a diagonal cut from underneath the sleeve (arm pit) on one side up to just outside the collar on the other (cut off the collar).
- Cut off the other sleeve.
- Cut the seam at the top strap next to where you just cut the sleeve off.
- Measure against your own body and chalk a line approximately 13 inches from the top shoulder of the shirt. Draw out a horizontal line right under your breast mid way across the shirt and one a few inches lower (above your waist). Then chalk a horizontal line at your waist and a final one a few inches below.
- Cut along the lines you have marked out.
- Cut the side of your shirt to open it up.
- Put the shirt on and tie it according to your body for a tailored look.
- The second tie from the top should be knotted at the end as it will hang off your shoulder.
- Make any necessary adjustments and pair with a gorgeous necklace.
- You’re good to go.
Have a great weekend everybody!
5 Thoughts on One Shoulder Shirt
Very cute! My teen daughter would love it if I made one of those for her!
From #4-#6 I’m lost/nervous. The image is hard to discern how those cuts turn out. Can a lighter shirt, or a ‘as you go’ image be posted to?
Hi Ruth, check out the source link at the bottom of the post. It has some in progress pics you may find helpful 🙂